Today I would like to show another method for send SOAP request. In my previous post I showed with “HTTP Request”. Today, I’m going to do the same request using “SOAP/XML-RPC Request”.
1. First, add a Thread Group
2. Then add a “SOAP/XML-RPC Request” by right click on the Thread Group > Add > Sampler > SOAP/XML-RPC Request
3. The SOAP/XML-RPC Request allows you to add following variables,
-URL of the WSDL
-And SOAP data
I’ve add request XML, WSDL URL and SOAP Action as below. (It depends with your SOAP request)
4. Then, add a listener, save the project and run it.
You’ll be able to see the response in listener (I added “View Results Tree” listener and I can see the response in “Response data” tab of the listener)
SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) is a protocol specification for exchanging structured information the implementation of web services using XML. But how we implement this on jmeter? Yes, there are some solutions. Today I’ll show one simple way to do it.
1. Open JMeter > Add a Thread Group
2. Add a HTTP Request for the Thread Group
3. Fill host, port, method and path according to your WSDL name
For example I’m using http://www.webservicex.net/country.asmx?WSDL file
My variables will be,
4. Select “Body Data” tab of the HTTP Request and add request URL with parameter
5. Add a HTTP Header Manager to the Thread Group and add needed Header requests
6. Add a Listener to get the results. I used “View Results Tree”
7. Save and Run the test. You can see response xml on “Response data” tab of the Listener