Today we are going to talk about Selenium Grid!
What is Selenium Grid
Selenium Grid is a part of Selenium Suite which used to running multiple browsers on multiple environment at same time. There are two types of grid Grid 1 and Grid 2. Grid 1 is now deprecating by selenium team. So it is better to learn Grid 2.
Difference Between Grid 1 and Grid 2
|Selenium Grid 1||Selenium Grid 2|
|Has own remote control||Bundled with Selenium Server jar files|
|Need to install and configure Apache Ant before use Grid 1||No need to install Apache Ant|
|Only support Selenium RC Commands/scripts||Support both Selenium RC and WebDriver scripts|
|Can only automate one browser per RC||One RC can automate upto 5 browsers|
Selenium Grid using hub-node concept to run.
What is Hub?
- Is the central point where you need to keep your test scripts
- There should be one hub for grid
- All the nodes connect to the hub
- Hub is running test, but browsers being automated in node
What is Node?
- Selenium instances that executes tests which stores in hub
- There can be one or more nodes per grid
- Nodes can be launches in different platforms and different browsers
We’ll run a sample Selenium Grid test soon!